Year 1947 about
Stephen F. Briggs
J. G. Sample
B. W. Morris, Jr.
Naples Yacht Club is founded
by Stephen F. Briggs, J.G. Sample. and B.W. Morris, Jr. to become Naples’ first private club as a private boating and social organization.
City of Naples is Incorporated
1949 city of naples incorporated
An early Commissioning Ceremony at Naples Yacht Club
1953 First NYC clubhouse
The First NYC Clubhouse
1953, the Club’s membership increased beyond the three founding members to more than 20 members. Evolving from informal meetings held aboard the Mangrove King, an unusual-looking vessel owned by Mr. Morris. The Club’s first recorded meeting was held March 19, 1954.
Naples Yacht Club is Incorporated
Land acquisition at current site on Naples Bay
1956 Naples Yacht club Incorporated
1960 Constructing the clubhouse
Constructing the Clubhouse
Commencement of construction in January 1960 of a clubhouse and dock for the now 200 members. The Club’s construction was finished the first week of September 1960. Within a few days, Hurricane Donna struck Naples with winds of 180 miles per hour! Minor damage to the new clubhouse’s roof was repaired and the Club was formally dedicated on December 15, 1960.
As Naples continued to grow, so did the Club’s membership, prompting several expansions and renovations, including a new floating dock system, pool, casual dining room and other amenities.
Expansions in 1960
2019 New Construction Complete
New Construction Complete
Following Hurricane Irma, Naples Yacht Club completed a $10 million restoration completely updated the original clubhouse. The enhancements maximized views of Naples Bay and offers members expanded opportunities to enjoy outdoor dining and cocktails.